Joyful

My name is Joy --and this blog will be all about the simple joys in my life - my family, my friends, my business, but most of all --my 2 little girls!

Joy...It's all in the name!

I grew up in a suburb right outside of Chicago - Berwyn, IL. I believe where I grew up shaped who I am today - we were a close knit community where family values were important. I attended college in Waukesha, Wisconsin - Carroll College. There, I majored in Communication and minored in Art. It is at Carroll that I truly flourished...I was very active in my sorority (Chi Omega) and began taking classes in electronic imaging - this is where my love of graphic design began! Senior year I met my husband (also a Carroll grad) and there you have it... My past work experience is quite broad - I've worked in Radio promotions, HR, and Higher Education. The past few years I've enjoyed creating photocards for different events. This passion has grown more into other avenues: creating stationery, invitations, and other ventures --- and that's where I get to share with you my love of all things creative - SIMPLE JOYS by JOY! Thank you for taking the time to get to know me! I am eager to create or become a part of your life event by making it just a little sweeter - a little more thoughtful and most of all memorable.

My 2 Favorites

Easily my favorite 2 Simple Joys - my daughters. Meet Mackenzie *Kenzie* Elisabeth (4) and Alexa *Allie* Delaney (2)...they are my life, my love, my greatest creation to date!

Weddings, Birthdays, Etc.

Below you'll see a sampling of some of my work...weddings, birthdays, babies... I Love being a part of people's life events - adding a hint of creativity to the mix!

A couple of assistants!

Simple Joys - the business could not possibly function without the help of two fab and fancy assistants...Meet Rachel and Samantha!
I've had the pleasure of knowing Rachel and Samantha for some time now...while working in higher education, they were a few of my student workers....from there, I recruited them to babysit for my kids. In a matter of time, Rachel and Sam have become permanent fixtures in my home--my girls ADORE THEM - and frankly, they make my life a lot simpler than it could possibly be. Both seniors and ready to graduate college, I am hopeful we'll keep them on as part-time Simple Joys by Joy assistants! They cut, glue, stuff, wrap, sell....they are my front line and I don't know what I'd do without them! And...if you thought the Argyle sweaters were coincidence and matching red/black outfits- HECK no! They are that precise and adorable and planned to dress alike at an Open House Event!

Friday, January 15, 2010

New Look, Same Great Product


I did it! I came up with my new logo for my business....Liz Sage will now transition to Joy Liz Sage. I know I've went back and forth with the name change...my heart wishes it could be "Simple Joys" but the brain says --- Joy Liz Sage is the way to go to keep name recognition.....so there you have it. My middle name is Elizabeth anyhow......and I LOVE the new logo. I think it's been a LONG time since I can honestly say I've loved anything in relation to my image. Those of you who know me, know my favorite color is purple. I've made a decision....from here forward, I'm only doing things I LOVE - only carrying products I LOVE, and only making things I LOVE to make. ;) Let's be honest here....I love to do a lot of things...and this might be why in the past I've spread myself to thin. So, now, I am in control...choosing what I want to do, adding to the world one creative piece at a time. I'm surrounding my schedule with a ton of adorable and blushing brides, sweet and sassy moms to be, and desiging photocards for fabulous families. I LOVE my job. I love what I do....and I love that you all allow me to do it and invite me to share in your life events! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment